What If I Cannot Fulfil the Order?
When you are processing an order and if you can't fulfill the order as per requested. You have two options:
- Contact the customer to discuss the fulfilment issue and see if you can work out another alternative.
- Alternatively, you can cancel the order with the Refund button (use this button even if you haven’t yet clicked the Capture Payment button) and you will then need to notify the customer that their order has been cancelled.
- Instructions on cancelling an order here.
Cancel an Order Vs A Refund
Cancelling an order (when payment is not captured) or refunding an order (when payment was captured) both has the same procedure. The system will automatically handle the refund or cancellation depending if payment has been captured.
Cancelling an order do not involve any fund transfer and happens immediately as the customers credit card has not been charged.
However, if you have already captured payment for the order and needs to cancel the order. You will need to do a full refund. More info on refund here.
More info about cancelling an order where payment has not been captured here.
What about shipping?
You can specify the available shipping options for each product when you post a product. More information about specifying shipping options here.
All delivery arrangements are to be handled by the seller. This includes notifying the buyer or making alternate delivery options.
Can I contact the buyer directly?
Yes, you can find the contact details of your customer on your Order Notification Email or in your Stripe payment tab.
When will the payment be transfered into my account?
Once you have captured the payment (clicking on the capture payment button) for an order. The payment will be transfered immediately to your Stripe account. Payment on your stripe account will be transfer to your bank account in a 7 day rolling cycle.
For example, if a payment was captured on Friday. The funds will be availiable in your bank account the following Friday.
When are the fees deducted?
Mall Shopper fees will be captured at the same time as when the order payment is captured. The fee will come out of the payment made by the buyer for the particular order.
Stripe transaction fee will also be captured at the same time as when the order payment is captured and will also come out of the payment made by the buyer for the particular order.
Will fees be refunded when a refund was made?
Stripe will refund the full fee charged for the transaction when a refund is made. This is done automatically when you click the "refund" button.
Mall Shopper will only refund half of the charged 5% fee (2.5%). This process will require the seller to contact us to process the refund.
What’s Involved Day-To-Day?
Below is an example scenario of how to sell through Mall Shopper on a day-to-day basis:
- In the morning, check your email for any new order notifications for your store.
- Open your Mall Shopper Order Notification Email.
- Verify that you are able to fulfil the order as specified and contact the customer directly if clarification is needed.
- Once order is ready for pick up or has been shipped, click on the 'Capture Payment For This Order' button to take payment from the customer.
- You will be directed to your Stripe account login page.
- Login to your Stripe account and click on the "Capture Now" button for this payment.
- Notify the customer that their purchase has been delivered or is ready for pick up.
- Continue with the next order.
To sign up to Mall Shopper simply follow the instructions here.
How do I sign up to Mall Shopper?
To sign up simply follow the instructions here.
How to post to Facebook from Mall Shopper?
You can automatically post your product to Facebook via Mall Shopper and this will save you time and also allow your Facebook fans to buy your products directly from your Mall Shopper store.
Below is how you can do this:
- Login to your Mall Shopper merchant account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the My Account page and login to Facebook. You will need to authorise Mall Shopper to access and post to your Facebook page on your behalf.
- Once logged in, your company's Facebook page will be listed in the "Page Name" as per the image below.
- Edit or post a new product and select the "Post to Facebook" check box and click submit.
- Wait while the system attempt to post to your Facebook page. Do not close the window.
- Once the post is done a pop up message box will appear to notify you of the post status.
- Once the post is successful you will see your post appear on your Facebook page as per the example below.
- Continue with the next post.
What is a Mall Shopper Promotion?
Promotions on Mall Shopper are simple promotional posts used to attract customers to your store. For example, "30% off all shoes".
Promotions are not a purchasable product.
They should include an attractive image about the promotion(s) and clear concise information about the promotion. Sales and New Arrivals are the main two types of Promotion.
What is a Mall Shopper Product?
Product posts on Mall Shopper should be thought of as similar to a product listing in your online store. These are purchasable items
They should include a clear image of the actual product and be descriptive enough that a shopper can be confident that they understand what the item is and that they size, colour or version is available.
For discounted or sales products be sure to make it clear in the title the amount of discounted value.
What Tips Do You Have For Creating Good Promotion and Product Items?
The greatest tip we can give is to put yourself in the shoes (or dress) of your customer and provide them with the information they want. Shoppers are on Mall Shopper because they want information about stores and products near to them – make sure the information you provide is enough to get them into your store.
- A good image is very important as shoppers respond to images more than words. A clean simple image is best:
- For clothing it is best on a real person
- Jewellery is often best on a white background
- Shoes... well everyone loves any picture of shoes
- The summary text for the promotion should be written to capture the shopper's eye.
- For New Season we recommend using the item title i.e. "Gemstone Dress". Also use a brand name if applicable.
- For Sale Items we recommend using the item title (as above) and a number – either the price in $ or discount in $ or %.
- The detail text should provide the shopper with enough information to entice them to come into the store. A good product or promotion description should be specific and include all necessary details.
As a simple example: 15% of selected stock
Is not as informative as: 15% off size 8-14 dresses from [brand]. We have 4 of each size in store and Sale Ends when stock is gone.
What is Stripe?
Stripe is a highly secure payment gateway that is well-known worldwide, similar to PayPal. It supports all payment types that are available online and on mobile and allows you to receive funds from shoppers worldwide.
Stripe processes billions of dollars every year for Fortune 500 companies, small startup companies and everything in between.
Security-wise, Stripe is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification.
Click here to read more about Stripe.
Stripe vs Paypal
Stripe and Paypal are the two largest and most widely used payment gateways available online. Both gateways have very similar services, however below are our reasons for choosing the Stripe over Paypal:
- Cheaper fees - Stripe charges 2.7% + 30c per successful transaction, while Paypal charges 2.9% + 30c.
- Stripe offered a flat rate with no hidden fees, such as payments made with American Express credit card.
How Do I Create a Stripe Payment Account?
Every store on Mall Shopper requires a payment account and we use the Stripe payment gateway.
This payment account allows us to credit payment directly to you. Through this account, it is simple to reconcile all your sales and payments for tax and business purposes.
Follow the instructions provided here to create your Stripe account.
How to - Stripe Email Confirmation
After you have created your Stripe account you will receive an email from Stripe to confirm your email address. Simply click on the email confirmation link in your Stripe email and follow the steps.
Next you will have to verify your identity with Stripe by following the procedures in the following section.
How to - Stripe Account Identity Verification
The final step you will have to take is to verify your identity before payments can be transferred from your Stripe account to your banking account. Please follow the step by step procedures provided by Stripe to verify your identity.
- Login to your Stripe account here
- Click on the 'Verify Account' button.
- Follow the instructions to verify your identity.
- Note you will need to upload an image of your driver's licence as part of the verification process. Hence, it will be helpful to take a picture of the front of your driver's license before starting this process.
Next will need to update your Mall Shopper store details including logo, banner and contact details in the following section.
What is the Stripe Dashboard?
The Dashboard is the place where you can process and track your store’s payments, refunds, customers and revenue from Mall Shopper. Follow the instructions below to login to your dashboard.
- Login to your Stripe account here
To find out how you process orders, follow the instructions provided here.
How long do my products or promotions stay up?
you post a product or promotion you can set a start date and an end date so it is really up to you. Your product will automatically be removed based on the specified end date.
How often can I add products and promotions?
You can add products and promotions whenever you like. When you exceed your limit of products and promotions you will need to remove an existing product/promotion before you can make another post.
Can I sign up when my business is not in Queensland?
Yes. Mall Shopper is for fashion retailers across Australia. Simply sign up and our system will automatically organise your store into the correct location.
How Do I Sign Up My Store?
Follow the instructions provided here to create your Mall Shopper store.
Alternatively you can call us +61 7 3305 0048.
How Do I Update My Business Details?
Follow the instructions provided here to update your Mall Shopper store details.
How Do I Manage Multiple Store Locations?
If you need help with the sign up process or anything else then give us a call on +61 7 3305 0048 and we will help you through the process.
How Do I Add More Categories to My Store?